After 15 years on the local airwaves at 90.1 FM, Powell River’s community radio station CJMP 90.1 FM has moved its broadcast antenna to the TELUS tower on Gallagher Hill, increasing the reach of its signal and providing emergency broadcast service to more of the region than ever before.
To celebrate this big step forward, we invite everyone in the region to tune in to 90.1 FM between the hours of 12:00 noon and 12:00 midnight on Friday August 11 as CJMP asks the question “Can You Hear Us Now?” The board and volunteers of the Powell River Community Radio Society are especially eager to hear from listeners who were previously unable to pick up the FM signal and are now able to do so.
For 12 hours the airwaves will be filled with live programming featuring a number of our twenty or so regular programmers. Everyone in the region is invited to tune in, enjoy the programming, and phone (604) 485-0088 to let CJMP know whether You Can Hear Us Now. There will be prizes drawn for callers and hours of fun programming throughout the day. Tune us in!
The Powell River Community Radio Society especially thanks TELUS, the Powell River Regional District, the City of Powell River and the Powell River Community Forest Foundation for the significant financial contributions they made to the Signal Boost project.
Volunteer Position: CJMP is Seeking a social/web media guru
- We need someone to maintain and develop our site (www.cjmp.ca) and social media.
- Gain great (and high-profile) work experience and put your mad skills to work.
- Some experience with creating and maintaining websites, with SEO and creating apps are assets.
- Time commitment c. 2 hours per week.
- EXTENDED Deadline to apply Sept 15, 2017
Interested? Send us your details (resume/ letter of interest with links to past work) to email@example.com
Skills Preferred for this volunteer position (still apply if you have an interest in learning them, though):
- Some experience producing social media/ website/print media on behalf of a business or organization, preferably non-profit
- Ability to collect and synthesize information and imagery into a vision for CJMP’s media landscape
- A keen interest in new and emerging web technologies (eg. creating a CJMP app, transforming the site into mobile-friendly versions, etc.)
- Very good email and communication skills (writing, ability to learn quickly and research fixes)
- Website experience: Basic HTML, WordPress (we have a template we purchased- but you may want to revamp this)
- Ability to research, devise, present and implement an integrated cross-media vision for the station under supervision of a Board member representative
- A good eye and ability to produce graphics for the web that are effective and streamlined for cross-platform and cross-device effectiveness
- Social Media and SEO experience: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube) and Mailchimp (e-newsletter)
- General Office skills MS Office (Word, Excel) and Googledocs
Extra Goodies you might have…’cause why not?
- A keen interest in (and/or desire to learn about) media, community building and community radio
- Familiarity with non-profits and working with boards of directors an asset
- Creating Posters/graphics for print/ web: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Acrobat Professional, etc.
- Sound recording/editing: Audacity or other software
- Some video creation and editing abilities and software
- Familiarity with creating and updating Wiki pages/site
- MailChimp experience is an asset (or familiarity with Constant Contact)
- Online survey production experience is an asset
- Time Required: Flexibility in schedule is required, attendance at Board and Programming Team meetings is a must.
CJMP 90.1 FM is pleased to welcome new and returning sponsors to the CJMP family.
Have any sponsorship questions? Contact our Sponsorship Coordinator, Leeanne Barr at sponsor(at)cjmp(dot)ca and visit our sponsorship page for all details on sponsoring the station or a specific program – so many options!
Thank you sponsors for supporting CJMP 90.1 FM!
To find out how you can sponsor Powell River Community radio go to cjmp.ca/sponsor.