Volunteer Position: CJMP is Seeking a social/web media guru
- We need someone to maintain and develop our site (www.cjmp.ca) and social media.
- Gain great (and high-profile) work experience and put your mad skills to work.
- Some experience with creating and maintaining websites, with SEO and creating apps are assets.
- Time commitment c. 2 hours per week.
Interested? Send us your details (resume/ letter of interest with links to past work) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills Preferred for this volunteer position (still apply if you have an interest in learning them, though):
- Some experience producing social media/ website/print media on behalf of a business or organization, preferably non-profit
- Ability to collect and synthesize information and imagery into a vision for CJMP’s media landscape
- A keen interest in new and emerging web technologies (eg. creating a CJMP app, transforming the site into mobile-friendly versions, etc.)
- Very good email and communication skills (writing, ability to learn quickly and research fixes)
- Website experience: Basic HTML, WordPress (we have a template we purchased- but you may want to revamp this)
- Ability to research, devise, present and implement an integrated cross-media vision for the station under supervision of a Board member representative
- A good eye and ability to produce graphics for the web that are effective and streamlined for cross-platform and cross-device effectiveness
- Social Media and SEO experience: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube) and Mailchimp (e-newsletter)
- General Office skills MS Office (Word, Excel) and Googledocs
Extra Goodies you might have…’cause why not?
- A keen interest in (and/or desire to learn about) media, community building and community radio
- Familiarity with non-profits and working with boards of directors an asset
- Creating Posters/graphics for print/ web: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Acrobat Professional, etc.
- Sound recording/editing: Audacity or other software
- Some video creation and editing abilities and software
- Familiarity with creating and updating Wiki pages/site
- MailChimp experience is an asset (or familiarity with Constant Contact)
- Online survey production experience is an asset
- Time Required: Flexibility in schedule is required, attendance at Board and Programming Team meetings is a must.
Join Deco for Never-Ending Mixtape, a bi-weekly pre-recorded show on CJMP Tuesdays from 10:00pm to 11:00pm– It’s for anyone that listens to old (70s-90s) rap or younger kids that listen to this music and want to hear a mix of new and old. 90.1fm or http://cjmp.ca/listen
Deco Bio (Comox, BC)
I’m a hip hop kid of the 80’s and 90’s that is kept young by listening to new rap, trap and R&B with my teenage kids. Ever since I discovered Run DMC, NWA and the Beastie Boys I’ve been interested in hip hop culture. I bought my first set of turntables and a mixer 20 years ago but started making mixtapes with cassettes and records in high school using soul and disco records. Today DJing and making beats is a hobby that I try to spend as much free time doing as possible. My show – a never-ending mixtape, is a way for me to share the music I love from decades ago and push myself to find new hip hop being released now. I hope you enjoy.
The main aim is to promote CJMP to ferry passengers and walkers/drivers-by. Listen to CJMP and stay tuned as we expand our scope!
Are you a fan of CJMP and want to help advertise it at your own home or workplace? We have signage for you: email Giovanni at email@example.com
Want to make signs? email Giovanni at firstname.lastname@example.org