Leeanne Barr is a new volunteer to CJMP and is here to help the current sponsors with renewals and to bring on new sponsors!
Leeanne is a new transplant to Powell River hailing from Vancouver. She is the human to a Chihuahua-mix named Carlos. She made the move to Powtown last September and has never looked back. “The main thing that drew me to Powell River is the sense of community. People are genuine, they support each other and take care of each other here. And everyone says hello!! I was really missing that in Vancouver.”
She’s knocking on the doors of local businesses and non-profit organizations all around Powell River so keep an eye out for her. And if you can’t wait, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should you sponsor CJMP?
CJMP is a non-profit, local alternative to corporate mainstream media.
We engage, educate, entertain, challenge & provide community access to the airwaves.
- Sponsorship gets your organization’s message out to local listeners and spreads awareness of who you are and what you are all about.
- Sponsoring CJMP demonstrates your commitment to community radio which is truly the voice of the community!
- Sponsors help pay expenses to keep the station running and the signal on.
We could not survive without our sponsors side by side with our sustaining members.
Love music, fun, community radio and volunteering as much as we do at CJMP?
Lucky day — Powell River Community Radio is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator !
Love helping people find their voice? We are also looking a dynamic, dedicated, energetic individual who can take on the position of Volunteer Coordinator as well as Volunteers.
CJMP’s Volunteer Coordinator’s primary duty would be to grow our volunteer community by — HAVING FUN!
We see a Volunteer Coordinator working in partnership with CJMP Staff to:
~ Coordinate and organize events promoting CJMP as a great place to volunteer
~ Maintain a database of volunteer information e.g. progress, achievements
~ Develop and revise volunteer job descriptions
~ Liaise with student and community groups to recruit a diverse group of volunteers
~ Run regular volunteer orientation sessions
~ Promote CJMP in the community
~ Develop and organize volunteer recognition initiatives
~ Develop and organize fundraising initiatives
An awesome CJMP Volunteer Coordinator will have a well-rounded skillset including:
2. The ability to be a self-directed worker or a rockin’ team player as needed
3. A SENSE OF HUMOUR
4. A love of fundraising & working in a volunteer-driven environment
5. Strong research, communication & time management skills
6. The ability to train volunteers from diverse backgrounds within an anti-oppressive framework
7. Computer skills including familiarity with creating and maintaining documents, wiki’s & blogs.
8. Have some knowledge of CJMP’s listening community & a basic familiarity/interest in Campus/Community radio
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per week
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter attention: Station Manager at email@example.com
Successful applicants will be contacted by email and invited in for an informal interview. No calls please!
Please note: this is an unpaid position.
Who we are:
CJMP is a listener-supported community radio station. As a non-profit alternative to mainstream media, we engage, educate, entertain, challenge, and provide community access to the airwaves. Our vision is to engage and help produce an informed, creative, active and open community with CJMP-FM as its hub. In other words, CJMP is at the centre of a creative alternative media maelstrom. What fun!
Please read our full Mission/Vision/Purposes Statement here.