MUSIC SUBMISSION GUIDELINES (Print version)
Thank you for your interest in submitting music for airplay on CJMP 90.1 FM Powell River Community Radio! No need to phone or email asking if you can submit music because everyone is welcome to do so. However, please note that we only need the following two items:
- Your finished CD/LP with full artwork and liner note If this is not possible, the jewel case should clearly show the track list, album title, song writing credits and record label info. A CD with a spine that displays the name of artist and album title is essential because it will increase the chances of your album being selected for airplay by a DJ and inclusion in our automation server.
- A one-sheet summary with a short bio, album track list, suggested genre(s), an indication of any songs that may include explicit language, recording credits, a website or email address, one or two short press quotes, and/or other relevant information.
Members of the CJMP Music Department will listen to your submission after we receive it and decide if it will be added to our on-air library.
Other Important Notes:
- We cannot guarantee airplay by DJs as our music programmers ultimately decide the content of their programs, but most DJs welcome requests relevant to the focus of their particular radio show. The likelihood of being played increase in probability if you are local to the Powell River area, from British Columbia or a CanCon artist, in that orde If you’re a local or BC Musician, please see our Digital Submission Guidelines below for an alternate method.
- Appearing on local and national campus/community radio charts can play an important early role in an emerging musician’s career, particularly when applying for music funding organizations or as milestones for inclusion in the press release promoting your next album.
If you wish to submit music to CJMP 90.1 FM, please drop it off at the station in person or mail it to:
- CJMP 90.1 FM
- 4476C Marine Avenue
- Powell River, BC V8A 2K2
Digital Single Submission Guidelines for Local Musicians:
CDs will always stand out and be given greater preference, but artists from Powell River, Vancouver Island or British Columbia are welcome to submit links to their music via Soundcloud, Dropbox or other online sharing services.
- This service is only available to musicians from the from the Powell River, Vancouver Island or British
- The audio fidelity of your music should be of a professional or reasonably high quality.
- Please do not share content that may infringe on the copyright laws. This may include cover songs or songs that include uncleared samples of music previously recorded by other artists.
- Do not email MP3s or other audio files to the CJMP Music Department.
Digital Album Submissions:
Due to the costs associated with manufacturing CDs, we only accept albums in digital format when receiving a physical copy is not an option and when our DJs express a demand to play it. In these scenarios, the following guidelines apply:
- Please provide us with a link to a reliable website where the album can be downloaded. Preferably everything should be enclosed in one ZIP or RAR archival Password protected websites or requiring that the station sign up for a mailing list prior to album download (e.g. Bandcamp) may be interpreted as an unnecessary nuisance. Email to: email@example.com
- Your music should be encoded at a minimum 256 kbps in MP3 format or in FLAC form
- Please embed ID tags into your files to include the artist name, song title, album, track numbers, composer name and genre.
- Include a standard-sized tray card template with a spine, track listing, and other relevant information in PDF or DOC format.