Happy New Year to All of CJMP’s Volunteers, Supporters and Listeners!
Thanks to a lot of dedicated volunteers, CJMP grew it’s local-live programming in 2018.
2018 in review…
Last year CJMP received 12 Show Applications. From those applications, 10 new local spoken word/music shows were added to our community’s radio station air waves!
In 2018 we welcomed 12 new programmers and their original, local shows:
- Nabob – Feeding Time
- Lando – Off the Shelf
- Babs – Babs’ Company
- Cindy – Get Interviewed!
- DJ JPD – Rarified Transmissions
- Heather – The Town Verse (retired)
- Tyler (and Ben) & Austin – Juicy Tunes
- Kenny Vesterfelt – Talk, Listen and Laugh with DJ Kenny
- DJ SaVan – Pop Off!
- Elizabeth – US of Eh? with DJ Zed
CJMP starts off 2019 with 19 shows providing over 24 hours a week of local live and local pre-recorded programming! Check out our broadcast schedule for show days and times.
CJMP’s newest addition to our local live lineup, Darklight Radio, premiered Saturday, January 19th. Tune in every 1st and 3rd Saturday from 8 to 8:30pm.
CJMP has one Training Programmer starting off the new year with 2 hours of live-on-air- training each week. Tune in as DJ Tony P perfects his DJ skills for his upcoming show, Crowd Control. Tony P can be heard Mondays 6pm to 8pm.
Many thanks and gratitude to all the active CJMP Volunteers that put in hours of effort in the studio and behind the scenes each month!
After all, we are 100% volunteer run.
Want to be a part of CJMP’s future programming?
If you have a radio show idea and you’d like to talk to someone about getting it on the air you can fill out an application here.
If you’re interested in talking to someone about what’s involved in volunteering as an engineer / producer for a radio show, go to our contact page and select “creating a new radio program”.
Volunteer Position: CJMP is Seeking a social/web media guru
- We need someone to maintain and develop our site (www.cjmp.ca) and social media.
- Gain great (and high-profile) work experience and put your mad skills to work.
- Some experience with creating and maintaining websites, with SEO and creating apps are assets.
- Time commitment c. 2 hours per week.
- EXTENDED Deadline to apply Sept 15, 2017
Interested? Send us your details (resume/ letter of interest with links to past work) to email@example.com
Skills Preferred for this volunteer position (still apply if you have an interest in learning them, though):
- Some experience producing social media/ website/print media on behalf of a business or organization, preferably non-profit
- Ability to collect and synthesize information and imagery into a vision for CJMP’s media landscape
- A keen interest in new and emerging web technologies (eg. creating a CJMP app, transforming the site into mobile-friendly versions, etc.)
- Very good email and communication skills (writing, ability to learn quickly and research fixes)
- Website experience: Basic HTML, WordPress (we have a template we purchased- but you may want to revamp this)
- Ability to research, devise, present and implement an integrated cross-media vision for the station under supervision of a Board member representative
- A good eye and ability to produce graphics for the web that are effective and streamlined for cross-platform and cross-device effectiveness
- Social Media and SEO experience: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube) and Mailchimp (e-newsletter)
- General Office skills MS Office (Word, Excel) and Googledocs
Extra Goodies you might have…’cause why not?
- A keen interest in (and/or desire to learn about) media, community building and community radio
- Familiarity with non-profits and working with boards of directors an asset
- Creating Posters/graphics for print/ web: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Acrobat Professional, etc.
- Sound recording/editing: Audacity or other software
- Some video creation and editing abilities and software
- Familiarity with creating and updating Wiki pages/site
- MailChimp experience is an asset (or familiarity with Constant Contact)
- Online survey production experience is an asset
- Time Required: Flexibility in schedule is required, attendance at Board and Programming Team meetings is a must.
Leeanne Barr is a new volunteer to CJMP and is here to help the current sponsors with renewals and to bring on new sponsors!
Leeanne is a new transplant to Powell River hailing from Vancouver. She is the human to a Chihuahua-mix named Carlos. She made the move to Powtown last September and has never looked back. “The main thing that drew me to Powell River is the sense of community. People are genuine, they support each other and take care of each other here. And everyone says hello!! I was really missing that in Vancouver.”
She’s knocking on the doors of local businesses and non-profit organizations all around Powell River so keep an eye out for her. And if you can’t wait, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should you sponsor CJMP?
CJMP is a non-profit, local alternative to corporate mainstream media.
We engage, educate, entertain, challenge & provide community access to the airwaves.
- Sponsorship gets your organization’s message out to local listeners and spreads awareness of who you are and what you are all about.
- Sponsoring CJMP demonstrates your commitment to community radio which is truly the voice of the community!
- Sponsors help pay expenses to keep the station running and the signal on.
We could not survive without our sponsors side by side with our sustaining members.