Volunteer Position: CJMP is Seeking a social/web media guru
- We need someone to maintain and develop our site (www.cjmp.ca) and social media.
- Gain great (and high-profile) work experience and put your mad skills to work.
- Some experience with creating and maintaining websites, with SEO and creating apps are assets.
- Time commitment c. 2 hours per week.
- EXTENDED Deadline to apply Sept 15, 2017
Interested? Send us your details (resume/ letter of interest with links to past work) to email@example.com
Skills Preferred for this volunteer position (still apply if you have an interest in learning them, though):
- Some experience producing social media/ website/print media on behalf of a business or organization, preferably non-profit
- Ability to collect and synthesize information and imagery into a vision for CJMP’s media landscape
- A keen interest in new and emerging web technologies (eg. creating a CJMP app, transforming the site into mobile-friendly versions, etc.)
- Very good email and communication skills (writing, ability to learn quickly and research fixes)
- Website experience: Basic HTML, WordPress (we have a template we purchased- but you may want to revamp this)
- Ability to research, devise, present and implement an integrated cross-media vision for the station under supervision of a Board member representative
- A good eye and ability to produce graphics for the web that are effective and streamlined for cross-platform and cross-device effectiveness
- Social Media and SEO experience: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube) and Mailchimp (e-newsletter)
- General Office skills MS Office (Word, Excel) and Googledocs
Extra Goodies you might have…’cause why not?
- A keen interest in (and/or desire to learn about) media, community building and community radio
- Familiarity with non-profits and working with boards of directors an asset
- Creating Posters/graphics for print/ web: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Acrobat Professional, etc.
- Sound recording/editing: Audacity or other software
- Some video creation and editing abilities and software
- Familiarity with creating and updating Wiki pages/site
- MailChimp experience is an asset (or familiarity with Constant Contact)
- Online survey production experience is an asset
- Time Required: Flexibility in schedule is required, attendance at Board and Programming Team meetings is a must.
Leeanne Barr is a new volunteer to CJMP and is here to help the current sponsors with renewals and to bring on new sponsors!
Leeanne is a new transplant to Powell River hailing from Vancouver. She is the human to a Chihuahua-mix named Carlos. She made the move to Powtown last September and has never looked back. “The main thing that drew me to Powell River is the sense of community. People are genuine, they support each other and take care of each other here. And everyone says hello!! I was really missing that in Vancouver.”
She’s knocking on the doors of local businesses and non-profit organizations all around Powell River so keep an eye out for her. And if you can’t wait, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should you sponsor CJMP?
CJMP is a non-profit, local alternative to corporate mainstream media.
We engage, educate, entertain, challenge & provide community access to the airwaves.
- Sponsorship gets your organization’s message out to local listeners and spreads awareness of who you are and what you are all about.
- Sponsoring CJMP demonstrates your commitment to community radio which is truly the voice of the community!
- Sponsors help pay expenses to keep the station running and the signal on.
We could not survive without our sponsors side by side with our sustaining members.
Artists! Deadline for Submissions is Jan 21!! Visit www.eyexhibition.com for details.
CJMP still needs a few more volunteers (comp tickets included) to help with the fun(d)raising CJMP Photo Booth! Email Giovanni at email@example.com We’ll need you for the event on March 18th 7:30pm-11:30pm (in Townsite).