Bayley Kirkpatrick is a new volunteer to CJMP and is here to help our team develop our website and social media outlets.
Bayley is new to Powell River, having moved here in June from Lihue, Hawaii. She found herself in Powell River after making “the big move” to marry her long distance boyfriend/ best friend of four years and feels extremely lucky to have landed in such a great community. When Bayley isn’t playing around with web media, she loves to hike the trails around her house with her dog named Reggie and experiment with different ways to hide vegetables in her stepkids’ dinner meals.
We are looking forward to growing and maintaining our social/web media presence! Bayley is extremely excited to be involved in the process of CJMP media production and loves to collaborate with others, getting a variety of people’s visions and ideas. Whether you are a listener, programmer, potential programmer, or community member, please to not hesitate to reach out to her if you have an idea or event related to CJMP that would benefit from web or social media exposure! Contact Bayley at webguru(at)cjmp(dot)ca
Volunteer Position: CJMP is Seeking a social/web media guru
- We need someone to maintain and develop our site (www.cjmp.ca) and social media.
- Gain great (and high-profile) work experience and put your mad skills to work.
- Some experience with creating and maintaining websites, with SEO and creating apps are assets.
- Time commitment c. 2 hours per week.
- EXTENDED Deadline to apply Sept 15, 2017
Interested? Send us your details (resume/ letter of interest with links to past work) to email@example.com
Skills Preferred for this volunteer position (still apply if you have an interest in learning them, though):
- Some experience producing social media/ website/print media on behalf of a business or organization, preferably non-profit
- Ability to collect and synthesize information and imagery into a vision for CJMP’s media landscape
- A keen interest in new and emerging web technologies (eg. creating a CJMP app, transforming the site into mobile-friendly versions, etc.)
- Very good email and communication skills (writing, ability to learn quickly and research fixes)
- Website experience: Basic HTML, WordPress (we have a template we purchased- but you may want to revamp this)
- Ability to research, devise, present and implement an integrated cross-media vision for the station under supervision of a Board member representative
- A good eye and ability to produce graphics for the web that are effective and streamlined for cross-platform and cross-device effectiveness
- Social Media and SEO experience: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube) and Mailchimp (e-newsletter)
- General Office skills MS Office (Word, Excel) and Googledocs
Extra Goodies you might have…’cause why not?
- A keen interest in (and/or desire to learn about) media, community building and community radio
- Familiarity with non-profits and working with boards of directors an asset
- Creating Posters/graphics for print/ web: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Acrobat Professional, etc.
- Sound recording/editing: Audacity or other software
- Some video creation and editing abilities and software
- Familiarity with creating and updating Wiki pages/site
- MailChimp experience is an asset (or familiarity with Constant Contact)
- Online survey production experience is an asset
- Time Required: Flexibility in schedule is required, attendance at Board and Programming Team meetings is a must.