Volunteer Position: CJMP is Seeking a social/web media guru
- We need someone to maintain and develop our site (www.cjmp.ca) and social media.
- Gain great (and high-profile) work experience and put your mad skills to work.
- Some experience with creating and maintaining websites, with SEO and creating apps are assets.
- Time commitment c. 2 hours per week.
- EXTENDED Deadline to apply Sept 15, 2017
Interested? Send us your details (resume/ letter of interest with links to past work) to email@example.com
Skills Preferred for this volunteer position (still apply if you have an interest in learning them, though):
- Some experience producing social media/ website/print media on behalf of a business or organization, preferably non-profit
- Ability to collect and synthesize information and imagery into a vision for CJMP’s media landscape
- A keen interest in new and emerging web technologies (eg. creating a CJMP app, transforming the site into mobile-friendly versions, etc.)
- Very good email and communication skills (writing, ability to learn quickly and research fixes)
- Website experience: Basic HTML, WordPress (we have a template we purchased- but you may want to revamp this)
- Ability to research, devise, present and implement an integrated cross-media vision for the station under supervision of a Board member representative
- A good eye and ability to produce graphics for the web that are effective and streamlined for cross-platform and cross-device effectiveness
- Social Media and SEO experience: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube) and Mailchimp (e-newsletter)
- General Office skills MS Office (Word, Excel) and Googledocs
Extra Goodies you might have…’cause why not?
- A keen interest in (and/or desire to learn about) media, community building and community radio
- Familiarity with non-profits and working with boards of directors an asset
- Creating Posters/graphics for print/ web: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Acrobat Professional, etc.
- Sound recording/editing: Audacity or other software
- Some video creation and editing abilities and software
- Familiarity with creating and updating Wiki pages/site
- MailChimp experience is an asset (or familiarity with Constant Contact)
- Online survey production experience is an asset
- Time Required: Flexibility in schedule is required, attendance at Board and Programming Team meetings is a must.
CJMP 90.1 FM is pleased to welcome new and returning sponsors to the CJMP family.
Have any sponsorship questions? Contact our Sponsorship Coordinator, Leeanne Barr at sponsor(at)cjmp(dot)ca and visit our sponsorship page for all details on sponsoring the station or a specific program – so many options!
Thank you sponsors for supporting CJMP 90.1 FM!
To find out how you can sponsor Powell River Community radio go to cjmp.ca/sponsor.
Join Deco for Never-Ending Mixtape, a bi-weekly pre-recorded show on CJMP Tuesdays from 10:00pm to 11:00pm– It’s for anyone that listens to old (70s-90s) rap or younger kids that listen to this music and want to hear a mix of new and old. 90.1fm or https://cjmp.ca/listen
Deco Bio (Comox, BC)
I’m a hip hop kid of the 80’s and 90’s that is kept young by listening to new rap, trap and R&B with my teenage kids. Ever since I discovered Run DMC, NWA and the Beastie Boys I’ve been interested in hip hop culture. I bought my first set of turntables and a mixer 20 years ago but started making mixtapes with cassettes and records in high school using soul and disco records. Today DJing and making beats is a hobby that I try to spend as much free time doing as possible. My show – a never-ending mixtape, is a way for me to share the music I love from decades ago and push myself to find new hip hop being released now. I hope you enjoy.