Contact us via our contact form, call us at 604.485.0088 or
visit us at 4476C Marine Avenue, Powell River, BC Canada V8A 2K2
Powell River Community Radio Society operating CJMP 90.1FM Powell River Community Radio
BC Society # S-55313
Our Bylaws can be found here.
Here are our currently ratified policies:
- Our full Mission, Vision, Purposes and Values statement
- Communications Policy (Ratified Feb. 4, 2016)
- Conflict Resolution & Policy Breach
- External Complaints Policy
- In Camera Policy (Ratified Apr. 7, 2016)
- Membership Policy (Ratified Feb. 4, 2016)
- Programming Policy
- Public Service Announcements
- Sponsorship Policy (Feb. 4, 2016)
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
CJMP is a listener-supported community radio station. As a non-profit alternative to mainstream media, we engage, educate, entertain, challenge, and provide community access to the airwaves.
An informed, creative, active and open community with CJMP-FM as its hub.
- To enhance community dialogue and involvement, through facilitating the sharing of information, ideas, and artistic expression.
- To provide the community with a responsible, independent and viable forum for neglected perspectives and discussions on important local, national and global issues, especially reflecting the values of peace, social, economic and environmental justice, human rights, democracy, multiculturalism, and freedom of expression.
- To disseminate information to the community in case of emergency.
- We’re different: We are committed to producing programs that are different in style and substance from conventional for-profit radio stations.
- We reflect the community: We actively participate in and reflect the artistic, cultural, social and political life of our listening communities.
- We set the bar high: We endeavour to promote and maintain the highest level of journalistic and broadcasting excellence at all times.
- We’re diverse: We broadcast a wide range of views, respecting our listeners’ interest in and willingness to consider competing ideas.
Related: History of CJMP