CJMP is hiring!
CJMP is hiring to help us build our community!
Applications close May 5th, 5PM, 2014, resume and cover letters accepted as pdf attachment via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org please specify position(s) in subject line.
CJMP encourages applications from First Nations people, women, LGBTQ people, persons of colour and people with disabilities. Applicants who wish to be considered for affirmative action should discuss this in their cover letter.
Some of these positions require travel and professional development in May and potentially June, July or August. CJMP will consider job sharing or other creative ideas.
CJMP Job applicants for all positions must be/have:
- A member of CJMP (cjmp.ca/membership)
- Self motivated, progressive creative thinker,
- A leader, able to build networks and motivate teams
- An understanding of First Nations history in Canada
- An understanding of protocols required when working with Elders and across cultures
- An understanding that CJMP’s membership is critical to the operation of the organization in both on-air and off-air roles
- An understanding of the importance of media literacy and CJMP as a community hub
- Experience or ability to quickly learn any of the following: Google Drive and Docs, other office programs such as spreadsheets or databases, WordPress, Skype or other VOIP, twitter, facebook or other social media platforms
- Experience or ability to quickly learn standard protocols for chairing meetings, managing volunteers, negotiating diverse personalities, presenting to groups
- Experience with recording and editing audio